Reseller Hosting is perhaps one of the best things that have recently evolved in the hosting industry. It allows you to make money through a regular source of income by reselling your hosting capabilities to other customers. It is indeed a great opportunity for anyone with or without technical expertise to start their own venture.
If you have the entrepreneurial drive to start something of your own and you consider reselling to be a prospective domain to venture into, then read on to know what it takes to become a successful reseller host.
Getting Yourself Acquainted
While you do not need to be a tech expert or a pro in hosting, you still need to understand the basics of this business. Take some time to research and learn about the current trends in hosting, email management, domain services, and what millennial customers are looking for.
Completing the Infrastructure Checklist
One of the best things about reseller hosting is that you don’t need to invest in the overwhelming infrastructure like a hosting company. That’s why you have a reseller hosting provider. However, you do need some basic things in place to start.
- A reliable and powerful computing system – A laptop might be good enough if it has the necessary hardware and software in place. It will also give you more mobility to work from different locations.
- High-Speed Internet – Since all your work is online and you need to be in constant communication with your host and your customers, your internet services need to be top-notch.
- An active phone line with internet capabilities, so you can work on-the-go.
- Necessary licensing – Get your tax documents, an occupational license, or anything that you need to set yourself as an independent business owner.
- Accounts for transactions – You need a banking account in your or your company’s name, where all business transactions happen. You also need a merchant account and payment gateway through which your customers would pay you.
- A workstation – It could be an area in your home, or you can look at a small office space if you have more people working for you, or even a shared office space, so it gives you a proper working environment.
Finding a Good Host and Hosting Plans
This is the most critical step in starting your reseller business. There are plenty of reseller hosting plans available in the market, but you need to choose the one/s which is/are fit into your budget and your customers’ requirements. You also have to make a decision whether you want to go for Linux reseller hosting or Windows reseller hosting plans. You can focus on the storage, security, bandwidth, or server performance, depending on what kind of clients you wish to serve. With a good hosting provider, this task becomes easily manageable when they offer you exactly what you need.
Choosing a good web host is critical to the success of your reselling business. Ideally, look for these criteria-
- Reviews from other clients/resellers who have used the same service.
- Own data centers, which is not mandatory, but helps daily operations easier and more cohesive, which eventually will only benefit you.
- Expert tech support, 24/7/365, over calls, chats, emails, etc. so you address your customer queries on time.
- Flexible payment schedule.
Like any other business, the business of reseller hosting also needs planning and preparation. After all, you are and will be the owner of your own business and as such, responsible for its profits and losses. So, do your research and make sure you find the right people and the right resources to get yourself started.