Ice hockey and sports betting
In the world of sports ice hockey has gained one of the honorable leading positions. It is a vivid and interesting game, but quite challenging. Nevertheless, ice hockey tournaments are also very popular in betting. Fans can watch competitions in all leagues both via online broadcasts and recordings. Thus, it is possible for them to follow the games, gather information, analyze the players’ game tactics and make their own ice hockey predictions.
At the beginning of each season, bettors have a huge choice of tournaments and can bet on any match of the top championships, as there is a wide action line in the bookmakers’ offices. Making predictions for this sport is a quite challenging task. However, having significant betting experience and knowledge of tournaments enables bettors to be successful in sports betting and have a good income.
Ice hockey betting: features
Personally developed analytical material or information provided on online platforms enable successful bettors and beginners to bet on ice hockey and receive significant financial support. But it is important to take into account some points, including the following:
- Each line has an extensive range of events, but they are seasonal in nature. There are virtually no ice hockey events in the summer. The activity period begins in August and lasts until May.
- Availability of a large number of strategies. As with any sport, ice hockey has many traditional and popular strategies. You can easily use mathematical, financial strategies, as well as options especially adapted for ice hockey.
- Availability of online broadcasts of matches and the capability to bet during the game. Hockey is quite a dynamic game with changes occurring every second, so it is very important to follow the tournament to imagine further developments on the ice. Monitoring only the odds in the lines does not give a real picture and complete information for making a bet.
- High odds. This is especially true for tournaments where the teams have the same chances to win. In such cases, bookmakers put odds higher than 2. Having performed the high-quality appropriate analysis, the bettor understands who has a better chance of winning. Sometimes bookmakers make mistakes in calculating the odds, and experienced bettors can easily take advantage of such a chance, and make money
Using high-quality analytical information for betting, professionals and amateurs can successfully bet and receive a solid reward.
Bets and their types
With the aim to attract new customers, bookmakers make constant efforts to diversify the choice of betting markets, so they regularly develop and introduce new types of bets. Many of the bettors still prefer the classic betting options, but there are many of those who want to try new attractive and exclusive offers from the bookmakers.
Each bettor gives preference to certain types of bets, but mostly the main types include:
- This type includes a win of the home team, a draw and a win of the visitors. When neither team wins in regulation time, the referee announces overtime. If it is still a draw, then the players of the teams proceed with penalty shootouts. These are the very situations when beginners make mistakes. They bet on a win of the home team. During the regulation time, the game ended in a draw, and after a series of shootouts, the home team still won. As a result, the victory is for the home team, but the bet lost because the odds for the bet were selected for the regulation time. For a successful bet, it was necessary to choose a bet on the home team’s victory from the offered line taking into account the extra time provided.
- It is often popular among players with experience. Its main idea is to put a handicap on a certain club based on statistical analysis, on the outsider. The classic handicap ratio is from 0.5 to 1.5.
- Here there are three options: under, over, the individual result of each team. When it comes to this option, a bet is placed for a certain number of goals scored to the opponent.
To expand the hockey lines offered, bookmakers offer new types of bets: long-term and special ones. The long-term can include: determining the winner of the national championship or international tournament; who will be the head coach of the club and others.
It is recommended to avoid betting on the winner of a particular championship at the beginning of the season. It is necessary to be patient, to wait a little to see the real picture and the potential of all participants, and only then make a bet using such a strategy as the accumulator.
Special bets are usually offered by bookmakers with very high odds and have a high probability of winning. As a rule, they are placed simultaneously on a number of categories:
- For the entire tournament;
- For each team;
- For each player individually.
All the offers have an in-depth action line, which gives all bettors the opportunity to choose the right option for them.
Ice hockey betting features a great variety of options due to the dynamism of the game and the frequent change of players on the ice rink. This is what attracts more and more new bettors to the gambling world. The main thing is to remember that emotions should have no place in the game. Only common sense together with balanced and correct predictions can turn every beginner into a successful bettor. And the main component of the success for ice hockey bettors is a thorough analysis of each game which the betting is supposed to be made on.